A rapid access to SOLARIS beamlines is already available!
Who can apply?
First, please check if your proposal meets following requirements:
- the necessity to perform the experiment immediately because of the scientific value of potential test results;
- the necessity to supplement previous experiment results to complete the research project and/or publication;
- willingness to check the feasibility of the project through test measurements.
If yes, you can apply to SOLARIS using a rapid access procedure!
If no, please apply for beam time during our spring or autumn call for proposals (more info here).
How to apply?
Download a proposal template, fill it and send it (in a PDF format) to the SOLARIS User Office and to a relevant beamline scientist.
Please remember that the document must not exceed five A4 pages, including maximum two pages of a scientific part. A minimal font size: 12 pt (Times New Roman).
We will contact you as soon as possible! The evaluation time is maximum three weeks. Each beamline has reserved some beam time for a rapid access purpose. Please remember that the potential access is not immediate and depends on pre-schedule defined for a current run.
At the moment, the earliest possible beam time is February 2020.
SOLARIS User Office – Alicja Górkiewicz; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; a landline phone: +48 12 664 41 99; mobile: +48 571 445 045
UARPES beamline – dr Natalia Olszowska, e-mail: email@example.com, a landline phone: +48 12 664 41 72
PEEM/XAS beamline – dr Marcin Zając, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, a landline phone: +48 12 664 41 59.
Please remember, that you are always welcome to consult your experiment with our beamline scientists. The number of shifts you can apply for depends on the beamline:
- PEEM / XAS – to be agreed individually with a beamline scientist, three shifts at the most.
- UARPES – to be agreed individually with a beamline scientist.
1 shift = 8 hours
To find all useful tips of how to write a good proposal, we recommend to check information on the How to submit a proposal page.