A rapid access to SOLARIS beamlines is already available!
Who can apply?
First, please check if your proposal meets following requirements:
- the necessity to perform the experiment immediately because of the scientific value of potential test results
- the necessity to supplement previous experiment results to complete the research project and/or publication
- willingness to check the feasibility of the project through test measurements.
If yes, you can apply to SOLARIS using a rapid access procedure!
If no, please apply for beam time during our spring or autumn call for proposals (more info here).
How to apply?
Download a proposal template, fill it in and send it (in PDF format) to the SOLARIS User Office and to the relevant beamline scientist.
Please remember, that the document must not exceed five A4 pages, including a maximum two pages of the scientific part. Minimal font size: 12 pt (Times New Roman).
We will contact you as soon as possible! The evaluation time is a maximum of three weeks. Each beamline has reserved some beamtime for rapid access purposes. Please remember, that the potential access is not immediate and depends on a pre-scheduled calendar defined by beamline scientists for a particular end station.
SOLARIS User Office – Alicja Górkiewicz; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; a landline phone: +48 12 664 41 99; mobile: +48 571 445 045
UARPES beamline – dr Natalia Olszowska, e-mail: email@example.com, a landline phone: +48 12 664 41 72
PEEM/XAS beamline – dr Marcin Zając, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, a landline phone: +48 12 664 41 59.
Please remember, that you are always welcome to consult your experiment with our beamline scientists. The number of shifts you can apply for depends on the beamline:
- PEEM / XAS – to be agreed individually with a beamline scientist, three shifts at the most.
- UARPES – to be agreed individually with a beamline scientist.
1 shift = 8 hours
To find all useful tips on how to write a good proposal, we recommend that you check information on the How to Submit a Proposal page.