SOLARIS vision, mission and goals
SOLARIS NSRC is a national science center providing open access to research infrastructure. As a unique source of synchrotron radiation in Central Europe, it opens new perspectives in many areas of basic and applied research, offering a wide spectrum of modern research techniques. SOLARIS NSRC is a platform for the development of national and international cooperation, as well as an incubator of new technologies.
SOLARIS NSRC, in cooperation with the national and international scientific community, designs, creates and makes available research infrastructure to carry out measurements using unique experimental methods based on synchrotron radiation properties. The Center's infrastructure serves basic and applied research in such areas as catalysis, biomedical engineering, nanomaterials, pharmacology or geology. It facilitates the search for new energy sources and solutions for future electronics.
SOLARIS NSRC stimulates the cooperation of Polish scientists with industry in finding new technical solutions with commercial potential. It is also an important center of science promotion.
- Continuous development of infrastructure and extension of research opportunities.
- Strengthening of the position of SOLARIS in the European Research Area and developing international cooperation.
- Recognising and utilising the potential of domestic industry development through technology transfer, direct cooperation and commercialisation of inventions and intellectual property.
- Building a centre of competence based on a team which is open to the acquisition, consolidation and transfer of new knowledge, in particular in the areas of high energy accelerator technology, vacuum systems, cryogenics and research equipment.
- The popularisation of scientific research and its essential role in the development of societies.
- Improving the model of functioning of large research infrastructures in Poland.